Saturday, March 24, 2007

West Java, March 14, 2007


It was a beautiful day in Cisolok, West Java - a gorgeous part of Indonesia, when we stumbled on this cottage industry gold mining operation. In the background, the miners are pouring buckets of sand and sea water onto beds that sift the gold-containing sands from the water. I think anyway! It made a good photo, which, have to admit, is all I really cared about:)



Indonesia, being in the 'Ring of Fire,' is home to countless hot springs. Here is one, also in Cisolok.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful images! I had a blog while I was in India and everyone seemed to like it and then ask for a repeat when I was in Bkk (but I never had time to do it there--and everyone was disappointed), so I think all your friends and family will enjoy this very much. Your photographs are magnificent. I am jealous that you are in a place which affords such beautiful shots and that you are such a good photographer! Keep them coming.

Elizabeth

Joan said...

Jennie,
Thank you so much for doing this! Your photos are amazing! Especially that lotus. Lucky you having them all around you.

So looking forward to sharing this journey with you -- even from afar.

Sending so much love to you.
xoxo

Joan